Saturday, July 25, 2015

Rescue a File Cabinet. It Will Repay Your Kindness

I felt bad when I saw this four drawer file cabinet on the curb destined to destruction.

My wife Tina and I rescued it and gave it a new paint job. We also gave it a new home. 

It repays our effort daily by keeping numerous tools, extension cords and various garden supplies in order and out of sight.

We also had a pair of two-drawer file cabinets that we made into a desk. It was easy. We just bought a cheap door and laid it over the top.  It has since been replaced, but I have a picture of a similar one below.

With all the "paperless" offices of today, finding a cheap or free file cabinet is not that difficult. Better hurry though. Their breed is becoming less numerous every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment